Monday, 22 May 2017

Inquisitor (54mm) at Dark Sphere


This weekend, I'd popped into Dark Sphere to pick up a couple of bits and bobs I'd ordered online a while ago and get a top up of white primer. As I was heading to the till, I noticed a very unusual game going on at the table by the door. I asked nicely, and they were kind enough to let me take a few photos.


Yup, it was Inquisitor - the full 54mm version! I was also quite pleased to see that a lot of the terrain they were using was the MDF stuff Sim had painted up for Dark Sphere recently.


(I believe the scenery is TT Combat, and a mix of their City and Sci Fi ranges.) I was really impressed with how well it managed to fit in with the 54 mm figures when it's intended for 28mm.


There were a lot of impressive figures to look at. I suspect this person is a little bit Radical / Chaos-y.


Then I saw this. At first glance, from this photo, it might not seem like much...


... until you see it next to some scenery and realise it's a 54mm scale scratch built Sentinel. The detail on this is simply breath taking.


And then the players "help" with "Oh, have you seen the Rhino?" And yeah, sure, it's a Razorback, but it's in 54mm scale, with an opening back hatch, interior lighting and headlights. Stuff like this really blows me away. It's an awesome bunch of hobby.

4 comments:

  1. Wow thats all very impressive!!

    Whenever I go to Dark Sphere I always look longingly at their 54mm Death Watch Marine in the display case

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dark Sphere display cabinets hide a few hidden treasures like that.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know, right? I was wandering past and had to just stop and ask permission to take a few photos!

      Delete